Saturday, May 25th -Scott Credit Union presents Miller Lite Military Night
Running will be UMP Late Models, UMP Modifieds, UMP SportMods, UMP Street Stocks, UMP Miller Lite Crates Double Down
UMP Modified tire rule - No D's.
Instant Text Alerts
- Scott Credit Union & Koerner Distributing is proud to present Miller Lite Military Night at Highland Speedway Saturday, May 25th! Free General Grandstand Admission for Active & Retired Military and Veterans!
- Zobrist & Harrison take home the Checkered Flags at Highland Speedway & Oberbeck Grain Co Rewarded the Hard Chargers!
- UMP Sammies KidzMods 5-18-2013 Results
- UMP Hamel Coop Street Stock 5-18-2013 Results
- UMP B-Dry Solutions SportMod 5-18-2013 Results
- Articles View Hits
2012 Regular Night Track Rules
The track officials will handle situations not covered in these rules as they arise.
The director of competition reserves the right to change all rules
if deemed necessary for safety reasons.
DECISIONS OF THE TRACK OFFICIALS ARE FINAL!
It is the responsibility of all participants to know and understand these rules!
1.All cars are required to draw for starting position in the heats. Drivers that request the rear do not pill draw. It is the driver’s responsibility to make sure their car is assigned to a heat race.
- 2.Pill draw will open at 3:00 pm and close at 5:45 pm. You can call the speedway (618) 654-6656 and request a number drawn for you if you are running late. You must race in your assigned heat. Hot laps are at 6:00 pm and racing starts at 6:30 pm. Driver’s meeting will be at 5:45 pm.
- 3.If you arrive after the draw is closed, the track officials will place you in the rear of a heat.
- 4.All cars are required to have a number on the roof, passenger side, and driver’s side. In the case of duplicate car numbers, the track officials will assign you a letter. This letter must be placed on your car on the roof, passenger side and driver’s side. Failure to place the letter on your car will cause you to be scored in last place for the event. All numbers and letters must be legible. A 5 inch number must be on the right side headlight or on the upper right side windshield in the DIRTcar UMP Factory Stock (Bombers), and DIRTcar UMP Sport Compacts (Hornets).
- 5.IF there is a Season Championship event, all drivers will be required to draw for starting position in the heats. In the Feature, the top 6 in points will be guaranteed a starting spot in the feature. We will start as many as 22 cars to guarantee a spot for the top 6. The field will still be determined by finish position in the heat and dash races and the semi. There will be no midseason championship race.
1. DIRTcar UMP Late Models, DIRTcar UMP Modifieds, DIRTcar Pro Late Models, DIRTcar UMP Limited Modifieds (SportMods), DIRTcar UMP Factory Stocks (Bombers) and DIRTcar UMP Sport Compacts (Hornets) are required to run mufflers (header inserts).
1. Race receivers are mandatory for DIRTcar UMP Late Models and Kid Modz. They are optional for DIRTcar UMP Modifieds.
1.All line-ups will be posted on the line-up boards. The track officials WILL NOT come and get you. It is the DRIVER’S RESPONSIBILITY to check the line-up board and be in line when your event is called to the track. If you have a question about a line-up please check with the pit steward, who will contact the scoring booth. DO NOT wait until the race is over to question a lineup. Cars must be in line and ready to go when their event starts – we WILL NOT wait on you!
- 2.If you cannot make your event please inform a track official. If you miss your heat, you will be put in the consi, if there is one, or start in the back of the Feature.
- 3.If you are not in line when your race is called to the track, you will NOT be allowed to join the field. After the previous lined up race cars cross onto the track, you will have 3 minutes to get into your spot for your race.
- 4.If you don’t show up, line-up will be moved straight forward at all times.
- 5.If you are not in line-up when your race is called to track, you will not be allowed to join the field.
- 6.Alternates for the Feature must report to the staging area. Only alternates in staging will be eligible to race, if needed.
1.The DRIVER is qualified, not the car. In the event of a driver change, track officials must be notified.
- 2.IF a driver change occurs prior to the first heat for the evening, the car will be allowed to start in the original starting position.
- 3.If a driver change occurs after the heats begin, the starting field will be moved forward in staging and the car will start at the rear of the event.
- 4.If you change cars after the first event in your division, you must start in the back of the next race.
- 5.If drivers switch cars after a pill is drawn, both cars will go to the tail of their designated race with their new drivers and cars will be moved forward in staging.
1.The front row is given two (2) attempts to start. If they do not start even, the front row will be sent to the second row of the field.
- 2.The field is given three (3) attempts to complete a lap. After that, the field will be lined up single-file for the start. First lap charged yellow will be counted against a driver in an event.
- 3.Cars will start in turn four. Drivers must watch the flagman and the lights!
- 4.If a car drops out of the race with no laps completed, the line-up will be moved straight ahead for the restart.
- 5.Once the initial green flag has been taken by the field, alternates will not be allowed to join the field if a car drops out.
- 6.The starting field for a regular night’s Feature is 20 (24 for UMP Sport Compacts - Hornets). If there are 21 cars (25 cars for UMP Sport Compacts – Hornets) in attendance, the 21st car (25th car for UMP Sport Compacts - Hornets) will be allowed to start the Feature. If there are 22 cars (26 cars for UMP Sport Compacts - Hornets), there will be a Consi and 20 cars (24 cars for UMP Sport Compacts - Hornets) will start the Feature.
- 7.Once race is green, passing is allowed on the initial start.
1.Cars will be put in order on the back stretch. Then sent to the front stretch and stopped. The flagman will then start the race.
- 2.Any driver refusing to lineup where the track officials place them will be black-flagged and sent off the track – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- 3.The restart cone will be located in turn four (4). All restarts will be single-file at the cone. There will be no passing until you pass the cone. Drivers that pass before the cone or hit the cone will be penalized 2 spots on the next restart or end of the race, whichever comes first. EXCEPTION: if your car breaks on the restart.
- 4.Lapped cars have the option to go to the rear. Lapped cars will go to the tail when a caution occurs in the last 5 laps of all regular Feature events.
1.ALL cars involved in a yellow-flagged incident will be sent to the rear when the field is lined up for the restart. If you stopped to avoid hitting another car without making contact, you will be given your spot back. Decisions of the track officials are final.
- 2.During yellow and/or red flag conditions, only track officials and emergency personnel are allowed on the track. No crew member will be allowed on the race track at any time during any race or during any yellow and/or red flag situation. If you get out of your car during a yellow and/or red flagged incident, unless told to get out by a track official, your car will be disqualified – no exceptions!
- 3.You and/or your pit crew are not allowed to work on your car during yellow and/or red flag conditions. Any pit crew member touching your car, for any reason during a caution flag, will cause the car to be disqualified – no exceptions! If you think there is a problem with your car, please ask a track official for assistance.
- 4.If 2/3 of the cars, except the cars involved in the yellow-flagged incident, cross the start/finish line before the yellow flag is thrown, the lap will be considered complete and the race restarted with the cars lined up in the order they completed the yellow-flagged lap.
- 5.A driver charged with two yellow flags will not be allowed to remain in the event and will be sent to the infield or pits.
- 1.In the event of a black flag, you are given two laps to acknowledge the black flag. Failure to acknowledge the black flag will result in disqualification for the event. Car is NOT scored for any lap for which they have received the black flag.
- 2.Cars that leave the track for any reason during a race WILL NOT be allowed to rejoin the field.
- 3.Cars that sit on the infield for at least one lap WILL NOT be allowed to rejoin the field.
1.IF YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WEIGH YOU MUST GO STRAIGHT TO THE SCALES! Cars that do not meet weight will be scored last for the event. Cars that do not weigh will be scored last for the event. Cars that leave the track without weighing will be scored last for the event – if you are required to weigh you must go to the scales before leaving the track.
1.There is a 1 minute per lap limit. (An 8 lap heat should last no more than 8 minutes.)The track officials may impose time limits in the event of a long caution and/or a large number of cautions during any event.
2.EXPIRES UNDER GREEN FLAG:
Heats and Consi ONLY:
If the time limit expires under green flag conditions in heat or consi ONLY, the race will continue under green. If a caution then occurs, before the checkered flag, the race will be considered complete and the Checkered will be thrown along with the Yellow. The finish will be based on the order they were running on the last completed lap with the cars involved in the caution placed to the rear of the lap.
If the time limit expires under green flag conditions during a Feature, the Race will continue under green. If a caution occurs, before the checkered flag, 1 attempt will be made to go Green/White/Checkered. After 1 failed attempt, the race will go Green/White together.
- 3.EXPIRES UNDER YELLOW FLAG:
If the time limit expires under Yellow flag conditions during ANY race, 1 attempt will be made to go Green/White/Checkered. After 1 failed attempt, the race will go Green/White together.
4.Curfew to start the last race is 11:00 p.m. and will be strictly enforced by the City of Highland. No race will be started after 11:00 p.m.
1. Any driver’s failure to wear a fire resistant uniform and accessories will be disqualified immediately, even if the race is already completed. Disqualification includes losing all points and purse awarded for the race and/or completed race. Any drivers that have a second offense will be banned from the Highland Speedway for one full year from the date of the second occurrence.
- 1.The driver is responsible for the pit crew. Pit crews should not go, under any circumstances, to another driver’s pits to complain about a situation that happened on the track. If your crew has a question, the driver should ask an official for assistance. Anyone in pit crew (driver, pit crew, owner, etc.) who leaves their car's pit area to enter another car's pit area will be asked to load their car and leave the premises. Driver will lose that night's points and winnings. (See 2012 Highland Speedway Fighting Policy below)
1. There is to be NO standing along the fence between turns three and four. This is for your safety and will be enforced. Please utilize the pit bleachers or the front-stretch grandstands. No standing along grandstand fence. NO STANDING BY THE TURN 4 GATE.
2. Highland Speedway will NOT issue refunds for pit passes. In the event of a rainout, pit passes will be honored at the next two (2) regular nights of racing only – provided your name is listed on the pit pass admission forms. Rain out passes will NOT be honored at any Special Events!
3. Highland Speedway will NOT issue refunds for general admission tickets. In the event of a rainout, general admission tickets will be honored at the next two (2) regular nights of racing only. Rain out passes will NOT be honored at any Special Events!
4. Any driver under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will be disqualified, and will lose all points accumulated for the year and be suspended for the remainder of the season.
5. Drivers must use extreme caution when driving through the pits. Any driver that drives excessively fast and/or races through the pits will be asked to load his/her car and leave immediately!
1. Payout will be at the pit shack after the end of the Feature.
2. Anyone not making the Feature will receive a pit pass that will be good for one of the next two nights of regular racing. This pass MUST be picked up on the night it is earned or it will be FORFEITED!
3. Free pit pass will be good only at the pit shack.
4. All checks for the night must be picked up at the pit shack within 20 minutes of the end of your Feature.
First offense - The first time a person starts a fight, they would be banned from Highland Speedway one year from date of occurrence.
Second offense - The second time a person starts a fight, they would be banned from Highland Speedway for three years from date of this occurrence.
Third offense - The third time a person starts a fight they would be banned from Highland Speedway for life. NOTE: Anyone returning to the Highland Speedway during the time they are banned will be charged with criminal trespassing. Highland Speedway includes the pits, the grandstand, the parking lot and the entire Lindendale Park.